Denture implants are a great option to replace your missing or decayed teeth. They enhance the function of your teeth and improve your smile. Denture implants are surgically placed into your jawbone, act like natural tooth root for the lost teeth. They provide a safe place for the denture attachment. A jaw needs 2 to 4 implants to hold the denture in position. You can choose between fixed and removable dentures, depending on your needs.
Read on to learn the types and benefits of denture implants.
Types of Denture Implants
Fixed and removable implants are the two main types of denture implants. They can be either full or partial dentures depending on how many teeth you need to restore.
Removable Denture Implants
- Implant-Supported Overdenture- It is a great option for those who do not have any teeth in the jaw but have enough jaw bone to support implants. Also, people with a high upper smile can choose this replacement type, as it can hide the area where the natural gum tissue and dentures meet. You can remove these dentures while cleaning.
- Implant-Retained Overdenture- You can consider this option if you are looking to replace your missing teeth with affordable dentures. These dentures can improve your chewing ability and provide more support than traditional dentures.
Fixed Denture Implants
- Implant-Supported Bridges- Implant-supported bridges are made of porcelain, so they look more natural and are more durable than other options. Your replacement will work fine even if an implant fails.
- Implant-Supported Denture- In this type, the denture is supported by four or more implants. An implant-supported denture does not require bone grafting, as it can be placed in the available natural bone. Your dentist may offer this denture the same day, as well.
Benefits of Denture Implants
Here are some benefits of denture implants:
- Easy to Clean- Denture implants do not require specific cleaning products. You just need to brush and floss your implant teeth like your natural teeth.
- More Durable- Denture implants are safe and healthy for your mouth and body, as they are non-toxic and bio-compatible. They can last for many years if properly maintained and cared for.
- More Stable- You can have tight dentures with just two implants. Implants provide stability and help to preserve your jaw bone.
- Prevent Bone Loss- Bone loss occurs once you lose a tooth. However, replacing your teeth with denture implants prevents bone loss and provides required simulation for bone regeneration.
- Look More Natural- Denture implants can be designed depending on the size, color, and shape of your natural teeth so that you can get a natural look and smile.
- Enhance Chewing Ability- Implants function like your natural teeth and provide full chewing ability.
- Improved Confidence- Teeth loss can create a huge impact on your career, personal appearance, and social life. Denture implants will restore your teeth to ensure a healthy and attractive smile that will improve your confidence.
- Prevent Cavities Denture implants cannot decay, so you would not get cavities in them. Also, they can protect the rest of your teeth from damage or cracks.
Want to learn more about denture implants and their benefits? Contact us at (515) 276-0202; we will be happy to help you!
Book a dental appointment at our clinic now.